Monday, August 12, 2013

There Are So Many Rude People Out There!

    I ride the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) trains to and from work almost everyday.  Lately, I have been noticing an increase in the number of rude people on the train.  Maybe they have been there all along and I am just noticing it now or maybe their rudeness is reaching new levels.  It pisses me off and at the same time, makes me sad.

    Now not everyone on the trains are rude, but it seems like there are more and more each time I ride.  Some of them almost seem like they enjoy being rude. They do something and then I see a stupid smirk on their faces.

    For example, there are always one or two idiots that are the first ones to get on but stop right in front of the door when there is a huge line behind them and plenty of room on the rest of the car, but they want to get the best place for their stop.  STUPID!!! It just makes a traffic jam and then people start throwing elbows, etc.  I actually saw a shoving match turn into a fight the other day.  Officers came and broke it up.  The train took off with officers talking to both of them on the platform.  Hope they got arrested! 

    There are also the people that carry on obnoxiously loud conversations on the train, either on the phone or with someone next to them.  Seriously people, you don't need to be screaming into a phone or to the person sitting right next to you.  You may think you are important, but not everyone wants to hear your conversation.

    And perhaps the most annoying of all are the people that are sitting downwhen an elderly person or a pregnant woman is standing next to them and they don't give their seat up.  I make it a point to give my seat up to anyone who looks like they need it more than I do. I hope that there is a special place in hell for those of you that make an elderly person or pregnant woman stand on a crowded train while you are sitting.

    Thanks for letting me Rant!!!
Newer Post Older Post Home