Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Is short hair sexy?

    Matt, I came across an old post of yours that you did way back in 2012 titled: Free Advice Friday - Short Hair on Women.  This caught my eye as I am one of those women who has always had short hair.  So I have decided to give my take on it.

    I always had beautiful long blond hair growing up but something made me cut my hair when I was about 18. And I have always sworn by short hair since then - I wash it every day and it dries in 2 minutes flat. Leaves me with more time to do other things and hubby always said he liked me with short hair. 

     I often considered growing it out but found it irritated me 6 months down the line and I would have it all cut off again.   I suited my lifestyle and I always thought it looked good on me.

    But about 2 years I got fed up with how I looked and decided I needed a total make-over.  So I decided to grow my hair - just to see if I liked it. I was highly irritated with my hair and the first 6 months came and went. I stood by my decision to keep letting it grow.   Every time I went to my hairdresser he would cut off an inch or two and I would curse him.  He always said it encouraged growth and he also needed to get rid of all the layers (ok, I'm rambling now so I'll stop......)

    So here I am 2 years down the line and I now have long hair again - and I absolutely love it.  It has made me see myself in a totally different light.  I feel so much sexier and I have the ability to wear my hair if different styles.  I can pin it up, I can put it in a ponytail, I can wear it lose etc.

    But let's face it, I am the same person I was with short hair.  You can be and feel sexy with short or long hair.  It is all about how you see yourself and how you carry yourself.

    So my advice to you all out there, is do whatever you feel happy and comfortable with.  Your opinion is the only one that counts.




    Come on over to the dark side occasionally and read my blog at http://www.lifecherries.com


Newer Post Older Post Home