Thursday, August 29, 2013

Things I Hate

    I have blogged several times about things I hate.  I am adding to the list right now since I have a few rants building up inside me that I need to get off my chest.

    1.  People who drive Crotch Rockets (Fancy Speed rocket motorcycles such as Ninjas, etc.) at less than the speed limit.  What is up with that?  You go and spend some serious cash for a fast bike and then you cruise around town at 20 MPH.  Come on and get some balls.   If you can't handle the power, get a moped!

    2.  This is related to #1 - People who buy a sports car and drive it like an old man.  Why do people buy Corvettes, Ferraris, etc. and then drive them 55 mph on the interstate?  Those cars are meant to go fast.  Drive them Fast!!!

    3.  Waiting at the doctor's office. Who do these doctors think they are? I call and set up my appointment a month in advance, I show up 5 or 10 minutes early (just in case I can get in before my appointment time),  yet I still have to sit and wait for 45 minutes in your lousy waiting room while elevator music that is so low key and depressing that I want to bang my head against the wall.  This is totally unacceptable.   It's condescending and rude, almost as if the doctor is trying to say "I know we had an appointment, but I am SO MUCH MORE important than you that you'll just have to wait anyway.  I think I am going to start using that online MD diagnosing website so I don't have to put up with that demeaning crap.  

    4.  People who abuse 911.  You would be surprised how many people call the police for everything from a lost cat to a backed up toilet.  News Flash for those people - 911 is for real emergencies!!!!  Don't tie up the lines and waste the time of the officers, who need to be out busting meth-heads and drunk drivers.  

    5.  Drive thru fast food places that throw in only one or two packets of ketchup for 4 meals and one packet of BBQ sauce for a 10 piece nuggets order.  

    6.  Execs/bosses/administrators not taking the same hit their “subjects” (employees) take.  If you are going to freeze salaries of your employees, then you should not get a 3% raise.  Way to show you really don't care about the "common folk", the people who actually make your organization run on a daily basis.  

    That's all for now, but I am sure I will add more.  Just look for the label "Things I Hate"  

Newer Post Older Post Home