Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Steve Irwin -- Remembering the Croc Hunter

    It was 7 years ago today that the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin Died.  This is a post I wrote about him the day after he died.  It was on my old blog.  You are still missed Steve!!!

    Oh Steve, Mr. Crocodile Hunter, you will be missed. You named your daughter after your dog (interesting -- and you are the only person I know to ever name their daughter after a pet), and loved taunting deadly animals (that's pretty cool).  We haev watched you get bit by wild animals, fall on your butt, almost drown and break stuff, all while you educating the world about the environment and wild animals.  I think we should mount an expedition to kill that stingray!!!  Maybe we can get the UN and Jacques Cousteau's organization to fund it. 

    Steve, have fun tormenting the crocs on the other side!

    Addendum - Sept. 2013:   Not sure if that Stingray is dead or not.  That is on my list of "things to do" that keeps popping un on my Google Calendar.  I will get to that this month.  By The Way - Bindi (Your daughter, not the dog) has made a name for herself.  My daughter used to watch her show and now wants to grow up and be a veterinarian.  Cool.  I see she has even done a few Movies and makes appearances on talk shows.  I hope you are enjoying yourself on the other side!  RIP Mr. Irwin.
Newer Post Older Post Home