Sunday, September 1, 2013

September is...

    September is . . . . Self Improvement Month, Be Kind To Editors and Writers Month, International Square Dance Month, Cable TV Month, National Bed Check Month, National Chicken Month, National Courtesy Month, National Honey Month, National Mind Mapping Month, National Piano Month, National Rice Month, National Papaya Month, and Classical Music Month

    WTF!!!  Let's look at each of these:

    Self Improvement Month:  I have no problem with this one.  I think we all need a little Self-Improvement from time-to-time.  Of course, I am already at my peak, so I don't need this month, but there are many of you out there who need to take advantage of this.  Email me if you want suggestions on how to improve yourself. 

    Be Kind To Editors and Writers Month:  Awesome!!!!  I am a writer (You are reading this blog -- Duh!) so I am all for this month. 



    International Square Dance Month:  So this is why we always did the Square Dancing Unit in elementary school during the first few weeks of the school year...


    Cable TV Month:  They probably are really trying to push this since Cable TV is slowly dying and Satellite TV companies such as DISH and DIRECTV are taking over the airwaves.  Maybe this should be changed to "SAVE" Cable TV Month.

    National Bed Check Month:  UH...There are so many things I could say here, but this is a PG-13 blog, so I better be careful.  If I would take part in this I would just want to know two things:  Who is checking my bed and whose bed do I get to check?  :)  Oh yeah, and what do I check for anyway?

    National Chicken Month:  I bet the Chick-Fil-A Cows came up with this one.

    National Courtesy Month:  This one kind of pisses me off! (Guess that isn't very courteous)  Do we actually need a National Courtesy Month?  Shouldn't ever day of every month be a "National Courtesy Day"?  Do we have to be reminded to be courteous?  This is kind of sad!

    National Honey Month:  I like Honey.  Hooray for this month!


    National Mind Mapping Month:  WTF is this anyway?  Are we supposed to draw schematics of our brains?  Maybe it is an education thing -- I use Mind Maps in class to help students organize their thoughts.  Is this some kind of Psychiatric thing?  HELP!!!  I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE IS MAPPING MY MIND RIGHT NOW!!!

    National Piano Month:  For a few years in the 80's, this month was changed to "National Synthesizer Month"

    National Rice Month:  Big festivals in Asia and East Texas for this one!



    National Papaya Month:  I am not a big fan of Papayas.  This one does not affect me either way. 





    Classical Music Month:  This is mostly for the Old Folks.  To me, Classical Music is The Who, Led Zeppelin and anything on KGGO.
Newer Post Older Post Home